Wilton Jumbo Nonpareils (I used the entire bottle for a 11x15 cake)
After making 3 layers of cake 11 x 15, cut the sides using a bread knife. Frost & stick the nonpareils
Happy 30th Birthday Andy!
· 1/2 cup granulated sugar
· 4 tablespoons water
· 1/2 cup heavy cream
· 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 4 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· 2 lbs (8 cups) powdered sugar
1. Briefly stir together granulated sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Continue cooking, without stirring, until mixture turns dark amber in color, about 6 to 7 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and slowly add in cream and vanilla, stirring with a wooden spoon until completely smooth. Set aside until cool to the touch, about 25 minutes.
3. Combine butter and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium-high speed until light in color and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low, add powdered sugar, and mix until completely incorporated.
4. Turn mixer off and scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add caramel. Beat frosting on medium-high speed until airy and thoroughly mixed, about 2 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until stiff, about 45 minutes, before using.
Cupcakes: pipes 3 dozen
Cakes : double the recipe above to frost & fill a 3 layer 11x15 cake
Cakes : frosts & fills a 3 layer 10” round